COMM121: Introduction to Mass Communications

Welcome to the Spring 2009 edition of Intro to Mass Communications.  Here is a link to your course wiki page.  Remember that you need to log in to post to either the wiki or the blog!

Friday, April 24, 2009

media as a teacher

This is a video that I found a couple of weeks ago that I found hilarious. Definitely watch it; it's beneficial to your health. Anyways, in this video a sheep is wearing a Halloween mask and is trying to play with the other sheep. But because it has on a scary mask, the other sheep are afraid of this sheep & keep running away from it. This reminds me of our society & how we a lot of times judge people based on what we have been taught through media. For instance, when I was leaving Union Station one night, I felt nervous walking around because I was in the city. The city of St. Louis has a bad reputation & even though I haven't witnessed it first had, I assume that it is true. The same assumption goes for blacks & it shows through the statistics of them being charged for crime much higher than whites and other races.

No comments:

Post a Comment